Thursday, January 3, 2013

My mommy's Christmas Gift



(I used black vinyl on the front of the glass to add the title)
   Here's the final piece, it's a 9x20 shadowbox frame. So the character's were pretty small, and a TON of little tiny pieces!!

So, my mom had planted a thought of what she wanted to do with MY skills, lol! She wanted me to make her paper piecings so she could put together a shadowbox frame type deal. I told her it would have to wait until after Christmas because I was making all of my gifts this year and wouldn't have the time.

So, I was thinking about it, trying to figure out a way to make it match her house. ( She has an old 1920's Craftsman Bungalow in Southern California) That's the house I grew up in so I know it well. She's a Disney freak, like I am, so I know what she likes. She wanted Snow White, real classic and woodsy type piece. So here's what I cam up with! BTW.. I gave it to her for Christmas and she actually cried!! She said, it was like I climbed into her brain, and pulled out all of the images that she imagined it would look like, and put it into reality for her! That made my day!

I do have to give a HUGE shout out to one of my besties Callyann Cornwell! This was like the ONLY Disney Cricut cat I didn't have, so she loaned it to me! Thank you Love!!!
With out the title
used 3D foam adhesive to make them dimensional
trying to figure out a place all of the characters
Used the Immortal paper stack for the trees lol!
Trees had about 3-4 layers to make them fill up the shadow box frame
tiny pieces!! lol
done with the background
done with the characters.. inked all of the edges and gave them all shadowing and chalked their cheeks for more of a realistic look
all coming together
they all had different amount of foam adhesive to give them different depths in the frame


My mom has already put in another order for a Pinocchio one next! I guess she liked it so much, that she wants to fill her house with more!! 

Hope you all enjoyed looking at my progress through this project!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment