Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Name Cards for the tea party....

Here are the name cards I made for my Mother's day Tea table.



I started out using a Peekaboo punch out from Stampin' Up. ( These are made to be lifted up, so you can see what's underneath, but I used it in a different way...see below)




I used the same velum that I put on the tea lights, and cut out little squares...




I put the velum BEHIND the scalloped edges, in front of the flip up flap....




I then glued down the velum using Scotch, Quick Dry adhesive.. just a thin line of beads along the outter edges of the velum...



I then grabbed some self adhesive letters and had fun with the names....





I scored the back of the punch out to bend backwards, and use it like an easel, so they are free standing!




The theme of my table is Alice in Wonderland, but it's the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, so, one of the puzzles, is trying to find your spot by unscrambling the letters!! :) Thought it was a fun addition to add to the wacky ways of the Mad Hatter!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment