Thursday, November 21, 2013

Altered box tutorial....

This is a little gift box that I altered.....

I'll show you the step by step process.




Ordinary little gift box


Here's the box with the lid on.



I chose this distressed paper, measured the box, and cut the paper to fit.



I covered the surface of the box with double sided tape, using my ATG gun.



Completely covered bottom portion of the box.


I distressed the edges of the box with Tim Holtz Distress Stain.


Next, I measured the top of the box, cut the paper to fit, and taped it on using the same method as the bottom portion of the box.


I used brown ribbon to trim the edge of the box.


Cutting Bling Mesh/Ribbon into strips, getting ready to decorate the outside.


Using 3-1 glue, I glued the strips to strips of paper.


Hot glued a metal Latch to the box and added some metal corners and a metal flower with a pearled center.



I glued "FEET" to the bottom of the box using pearls.






Finished product!






No comments:

Post a Comment